A NEW THING
Oodalolly quilt finished!
By Rachel
 Whew! Talk about a long time. Here is an update:
1.) Looking for full time attorney job
2.) Doing some contract attorney work
3.) Being unemployed sure does change your perspective in so many ways
4.) Patchwork saved me

Being unemployed can kill your sense of self worth. It will kill alot of you inside and outside. I desperately needed something. Something where I could see fast results but still a challenge and creative in some way. Something that would not hurt my back. Something cheap. Something colorful. Something I could do each day. And just by chance when googling "patchwork curtains" because I had seen these beauties:

Muriel Brandolini
I was led to these:

By Rachel Stitched in Color
And then I started following Rachel and her BLOG and then other quilting blogs, tutorials, etc etc. You know how it goes....
 
Rachel Quilt

One day when I was so very low,  I saw that Rachel was offering an on-line class and I signed up immediately. A project or more each week! A deadline! Color! Design! Learning something new! An accomplishment! and I got a sewing machine! and I LOVE fabric!





And TOOLS! A whole new bunch of very cool tools:


And Quilting is not what it use to be. IT is HOT< HOT< HOT and the Modern Quilting movement is HUGE which is my favorite:

From Quilt Con 2013
Anyways, starting with the fun fundamentals :



And someday:



I need to get the artists for these
So that's it for now. I love my decor work but right now I need to accomplish something small each day. I am so very grateful that I was led to this:

paper piecing
Cat
XXOO

7 comments:

  1. Glad to see a post from you! Sounds like you are hanging in there. I've been there before. I LOVE these fresh new quilts that have been popping up. Can't wait to see your final!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep hanging in there, Kat! I hope patchwork is still treating you well. The lovely spring weather can't hurt either. I know it's given me a load of new energy! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you discovered patchwork as a way to nourish yourself! You're doing great at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Creative Wonder Woman, Just catching up with your news. Sending loads of good wishes from The Stencil Library office. Thanks for showing DB, that was new to me. Love the sunny yellow wall too. Quilts, fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how can we
    communicate?

    Also visit my homepage food

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cat! These are some beautiful quilts! A friend taught me a few things about quilting, simple ones, not like these beauties but so far I've made 2 quilts. I have one more in the process but I don't know if I'll ever finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paper-piecing is very addictive Cat but you will enjoy it. Your little heart is delightful.

    ReplyDelete